Are you interested in living and studying abroad in sunny California for 3, 6, or 10 months? If so, Foothill and De Anza’s U.S. Experience @ FHDA courses are for you!
Are you ready to:
- Earn college credits at a much lower cost?
- Live and learn in Silicon Valley, California, near San Francisco, beaches and other outdoor activities, as well as over 6,000 leading companies such as Apple, Google, Facebook, Tesla, and more?
- Learn alongside American and international students from more than 100 countries in a friendly, inviting environment?
- Choose from thousands of unique classes in areas ranging from Film to Business, from Psychology to Biology?
- Gain confidence and improve your English language skills?
- Participate in on-and-off campus activities, clubs and take part in service learning opportunities?
- Study at the #1 ranked community college district in California?
Estimated Total Expenses
|1 Quarter (3 months) ||2 Quarters (5-6 months) ||3 Quarters (10 months)*Does not include summer/optional OPT|
|Tuition and Fees (based on $187.00 per unit for 12 units minimum per quarter) ||$2,244 ||$4,488 ||$6,732|
|Housing *Based on home stay, including 2 meals a day ||$4,000 ||$8,000 ||$12,000|
|Books & Supplies ||$500 ||$1000 ||$1,500|
|Health Insurance (mandatory) ||$506 ||$1,012 ||$1,518|
|Spending Money ||$800 ||$1600 ||$2,500|
|Total ||$8,050 ||$16,100 ||$24,394|
* All students must show total funds for 3 quarters of study; I-20s will be issued for 3 years.
Foothill and De Anza partner with International Student Placements (ISP) to offer Homestay and Student Apartments in the communities surrounding the campuses. For information on current costs and to see the application form, please visit: www.isphomestays.com
All current students are provided with an Eco Pass. It allows you to take unlimited rides on the VTA bus and light rail lines to and from both campuses, to the movies, grocery store, to meet friends, or whichever activity you choose.
Applying is Simple
- Send a completed application form and all supporting documents. You can view our application on our website at www.international.fhda.edu (PDF)
- Provide proof of English proficiency - TOEFL - 61 iBT; IELTS - 6.0; iTEP - level 4; Pearson PTE Academic – 45; Duolingo - 50 DET. Examinations must have been taken within the last 2 years. Did you attend a school where English was the primary language of instruction? Contact us to see if you qualify for an English proficiency waiver.
- Provide official secondary and post-secondary transcripts.
- Send the $75 application fee + $75 courier fee to send your acceptance documents and I-20 outside the U.S.
Applications are accepted for fall (June 30 deadline), winter (October 31 deadline), or spring (January 31 deadline) quarters.